1. Get several quotes:
find out what your state’s auto insurance requirements are. Go to the website of the National Association of Insurance Commissioners. Then choose your state site and click on it. It will be your search for complete information on the coverage you need.
Now visit various auto insurance websites. Click the link for a quote. Just type in your information and get quotes from at least 5 companies. Auto insurance premiums vary greatly from one insurance company to another.
If you can’t understand a part of the policy, ask the insurance agent to explain it to you. Always read the fine print to understand what coverage you are entitled to and, most importantly, what coverage is excluded.
2. Save the premium on your old car insurance money:
If you own a car, it is not worth much less than two thousand dollars until you eliminate the collision / full coverage clauses in your car insurance coverage. If your car is damaged or equal, you will likely never recover much of the damage and are more likely to pay more in auto insurance premiums for additional coverage.
Value your car at its market price through a dealer or using the Kelley Blue Book. Next, decide if you need full or collision coverage for your old car.
Start saving the additional premium amount you would have paid for full coverage or collision coverage on the old car in a savings account. You will probably get a head start on the new car you are dreaming of!
3. Eliminate duplicate health coverage:
If you are already covered by other accident health insurance policies and you are already paying a hefty premium which then removes duplicate health coverage from your car insurance. But always make sure you have health insurance that adequately covers any injuries related to a car accident. Only then do you request the drop of this provision on your auto insurance policy.
4. Buy a low-profile car: A car
Safe and low-profile qualifies for lower premiums. A high-profile car means more rewards. If your car insurance costs are high, choose a safe and reliable car.
5. Low mileage qualifies for a discount: how much
less drive the car, lower will be the cost of car insurance. So consider carpooling, use public transportation for long trips to lower your auto insurance premiums.
6. Security features Qualify for discount
You don’t know as many car safety features as possible to qualify for additional discounts on your auto insurance policy. Specifically, they ask for these discounts unless they are mentioned in their quote.
Also, many companies offer discounts if you install security features in the car, such as an active or passive anti-theft device inside the car, or if you engrave the vehicle identification number in the corners of the windows. Park your car in a protected area. Always lock your car. Never leave packages or items in plain sight in the car. Avoid known high-risk parking areas.
7. Ask about other discounts: Always ask what other discounts you may be entitled to. For example, having a 20-year accident-free safety record could qualify for a discount on your auto insurance policy, so always ask.
8. Ask about area-based car insurance – If you are considering moving from a highly congested area to a rural area, your auto insurance premiums can be significantly lowered depending on the profile of the area you are moving to.
9. Ask for higher deductibles: Deductibles are the amount you pay before making your claim. Higher deductibles for collision and comprehensive coverage (fire and theft) will reduce costs substantially.
10. A clean credit history can lower your car premiums – Most insurance companies check your credit history before granting your application. A clean credit history and fairly clean driving record pose less risk to the insurance company, and you may also be eligible for a preferred policy with lower premiums.
On the other hand, those with bad credit may have trouble maintaining auto insurance allowances and keeping policies in force, they also have higher loss ratio claims, so insurers generally place them in the higher premium range. high.